IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you for finding this blog! I am in the process of moving over to a new website found at www.adventureswithpeps.com please do join me over there. It looks a lot nicer.

Book Review 111 // Scar Crossed by Nick Kyme


Romeo and Juliet reimagined for a new generation of Necromunda fans.

The story starts off in a down and out bar in the underhive. The zealots of House Cawdor are on a purging spree and praying upon a drunk in the corner. In an attempt to save his life, the drunk offers to tell a story of love in exchange for his life. The story involves the Scar-Kings of House Goliath and the Razor Queens of House Escher, who have been in a bitter war for years. In this mix of rivalry, we have a loving couple. After being caught they knew their time was up and attempt to escape, but to make it out they need cash. Here enters a lost archotech horde, a ton of backstabbing, deaths, gunfights and betrayal. Before a heart-wrenching ending.

This was a rare and unique story for Black Library, considering it is a love story. Nick Kyme definitely sucked me into the tale and had me wishing it was longer than 20 pages. Now the real question is how long can I hold off not buying a Necromunda gang?

I would love to read your thoughts. Have you read this story? Do you prefer Goliaths or Escher? Let me know in the comments and if you wish to support the blog hit subscribe or use one of the following links:

Amazon Links (yes I get a kickback, thank you for supporting the blog):

The Novel Paperback: Underhive

The Necromunda Rulebook: Necromunda

Instagram: Adventures with Peps

Youtube: Adventures with Peps

Ko-fi: Adventures with Peps

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the post? I would love to hear your thoughts and start a conversation on the topic. If you have time please do hit follow.

Thank you for stopping by.

Search This Blog

Warlord Games Unboxing - SJS Judge Gerhart - 2000 AD - Judge Dredd

Let me welcome you to another Warlord Games Unboxing. This is the SJS Judge Gerhart kit from the  Rebellion x 2000 AD x Warlord Games wargam...