IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you for finding this blog! I am in the process of moving over to a new website found at www.adventureswithpeps.com please do join me over there. It looks a lot nicer.

Book Review 112 // Burned by Darius Hinks

Look at us in 2021. New year, fresh starts and a strong start to the book reading. Book eight of my Necromunda short stories and this time the book is titled Burned by Darius Hinks.

The story follows a trio of Goliaths who in the past discovered a very important relic; knowing the heat would be on them they broke the relic into three pieces and went their separate ways. Unfortunately, one of the trios fell into a furnace never be seen again and the other two drifted apart. Speed forward to the present timeline and it turns out the dead Goliath has returned and it is time to reunite the relic.

I enjoyed the 19-page adventure. We discover the relic, is in fact, a set of Dark Angels wings. I also enjoyed the fact that one Goliath grew tired of his third and sold out to the Cawdors and I enjoyed a story arc that has been overused and is very obvious from the get-go. But that is the joy of a short story, it is short. Read it, enjoy it and then move on. Ultimately just a fun quirky adventure. A great 3.5 out of 5.

Instagram: Adventures with Peps

Youtube: Adventures with Peps

Ko-fi: Adventures with Peps

Amazon Link (yes I get a kickback, thank you for supporting me): Burned by Darius Hinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the post? I would love to hear your thoughts and start a conversation on the topic. If you have time please do hit follow.

Thank you for stopping by.

Search This Blog

Warlord Games Unboxing - SJS Judge Gerhart - 2000 AD - Judge Dredd

Let me welcome you to another Warlord Games Unboxing. This is the SJS Judge Gerhart kit from the  Rebellion x 2000 AD x Warlord Games wargam...