IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you for finding this blog! I am in the process of moving over to a new website found at www.adventureswithpeps.com please do join me over there. It looks a lot nicer.

Comic Review 244 // Rocket Raccoon and Groot - Tall Tails


Diving into a new book for me. I truly know very little about Groot and Rocket, I haven't watched a Guardian of the Galaxy film either, so I am going in completely blind. Wish me luck!

Title: Rocket Raccoon & Groot: Tall Tails
Writing Team: Skottie Young & Nick Kocher
Illustrator: Filipe Andrade
Blurb: There’s a new criminal mastermind in the galaxy, and it’s - Rocket Raccoon?! How did this happen? Groot knows, but he’s not talking! Well, he is talking, but all he’s saying is - Oh, you know. Diabolical danger, madcap mysteries and astonishing adventure abound in tall tales of everyone’s favorite cosmic double act! Then, Rocket and Groot put the “fun” in “funeral” — but any mirth is only hiding a certain raccoon-like critter’s grief at the death of his mentor in con-artistry. And when Captain Marvel enlists her Guardians of the Galaxy pals to fight in CIVIL WAR II, surely it won’t divide these BFFs. After all, they are Groot, right? All that, plus the unbelievable Gwenpool! If you love adventure, animals, outer space and just about anything in between, this is the book for you!

COLLECTING: ROCKET RACCOON & GROOT (2016) #1-10

Format: 232 pages, Paperback

Review

Well, I am surprised. I enjoyed this book more than expected which surprised me. The comic is split into two parts by the author, the first is written by Skottie Young, whilst the second is by Nick Kocher.

The Skottie half was light-hearted, cartoon focused. The jokes landed well enough but overall were average. I definitely preferred the Nick Kocher three-issue run. The artwork was more detailed and the story arc was a lot more interesting for me.

I am left interested in learning more, but it hasn't helped push the duo higher into my to-be-read list.

If you are Rocket and Groot fan let me know what I should read, to really get me hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the post? I would love to hear your thoughts and start a conversation on the topic. If you have time please do hit follow.

Thank you for stopping by.

Search This Blog

Warlord Games Unboxing - SJS Judge Gerhart - 2000 AD - Judge Dredd

Let me welcome you to another Warlord Games Unboxing. This is the SJS Judge Gerhart kit from the  Rebellion x 2000 AD x Warlord Games wargam...