IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you for finding this blog! I am in the process of moving over to a new website found at www.adventureswithpeps.com please do join me over there. It looks a lot nicer.

Book Review 107 // Dirty Dealings by Rachel Harrison

I'm enjoying these shorter Necromunda themed stories at the moment. I nice to just tip the toes into a theme I enjoy without having to commit to a full-blown 300 plus page novel (looking at the next few Horus Hersey novels).

This time I am reading Dirty Dealings by Rachel Harrison, a 21-page tale of shady dealings in the Underhive. Before I give my feedback here is the official blurb:

A Necromunda story

Weapons dealing is an infamously dangerous business – and Kora Zekk knows that. When she and her comrades deliver a crate of guns to a House Orlock stronghold, she expects to be betrayed and prepares accordingly. So she's far from surprised when it all goes wrong and the Enforcers crackdown on them. Even then, it will take her ingenuity, skill and will to survive to get out of the situation intact…

My Review

Written like a pulp crime novel, we spend the tale enjoying it from the viewpoint of Kora Zekk. This first-person viewpoint gives us a pretty in-depth view of the Underhive. This style of writing allows the author to hold our hand through the entire going on, starting with the selling of weapons to an Orlock gang.

Kora Zekk is an excellent lead in a solidly written story, the plot is clever and not forced and the characters met are engaging and interesting. Overall an impressive little short that makes good use of the 21-page count. For a tiny $5 CAD price for the kindle, I see no reason to not treat yourself and enjoy the read.

Thanks for reading and check out these links below if you wish to support the blog:

Amazon (I get a commission, win, win): Dirty Dealings Kindle Edition

Instagram: Adventures with Peps

Youtube: Adventures with Peps

Ko-fi: Adventures with Peps

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the post? I would love to hear your thoughts and start a conversation on the topic. If you have time please do hit follow.

Thank you for stopping by.

Search This Blog

Warlord Games Unboxing - SJS Judge Gerhart - 2000 AD - Judge Dredd

Let me welcome you to another Warlord Games Unboxing. This is the SJS Judge Gerhart kit from the  Rebellion x 2000 AD x Warlord Games wargam...